Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Lactose Someting

"Less talk. More work," Moe said as he approached.


"These," Karl said, "I should warn you - are the words this man lives by. What's that word people keep calling you? Lactose ... something?"


"Laconic," Moe replied.


"Right," Karl said, "silent mofo at times."


"Sometimes less is better," Sarah chimed in, "so what do you two have in mind for the day? A little light opera maybe? Perhaps taking in a ballgame. I hear the Cubs have a real chance this year."


"Funny girl," Karl smirked.


"I get that a lot."


Moe chirped, "first - theories."


"None," Karl said, "how about you? Anyone want to kill you?"


"Well, I worked undercover with organized crime for about three years."


"Oh," Karl noted, "and you testified against them."


"There's that."


I'm getting some decent mileage out of Sarah's synesthesia - her ability to smell and see emotions as opposed to simply feeling them. For a change, I'd like to actually be ahead in NaNo not just in terms of word, but in story. That is, when I hit the 25K mark, I'd rather be less than half way through the story.

Course, I'll take what I can get.

No comments: