Monday, November 26, 2007

Grrr Buzzword, Grrr docs.google

I had a major fight with Buzzword last night wherein it informed that it could not save three minutes worth of furious typing and in my juggling to trying to rectify the half page or so it had just eaten it ended up removing all my indentation for some very, very odd reason.

However, jumping to docs.google is no longer an option as the text is now larger than the 512MB limit that it allows. I don't know if that means that the markup is denser off Buzzword or what - but it means it would have to be two documents instead of one, which with 8K left that's too much pain in the ass.

I love the concept of online editors for all the benefits they offer like author sharing, shifting computers, etc. But if they can't get around a few basics like not eating text and size limits (Wonderful in this mode is like 120 pages, which granted is probably longer than many documents is by no means a record setter).

In NaNo specific news, I wrote just over 7,000 words upon my return from Thanksgiving. I think I have just enough story to cover the spread to 50,000 and hopefully will be finished on Wednesday.

No comments: